Iron and hybrid fitting
(1 to 1 1/2 hours)
By using video swing analysis, Skytrak launch monitor and extensive inventory of test clubs, we can determine the proper length, loft, lie angle, shaft flex, total weight, swing weight (MOI) and grip size necessary for more consistent shots.
- Centre hits generate greater ball speed, more distance with better accuracy.
- By adjusting the lie angle of the club to the golfer’s swing, the player will improve accuracy.
- We will not sell you a club that you don’t need.
- By replacing the harder to hit long irons (3,4,5, and even 6) with hybrids, you will see improved consistency and shot-making.
- By fitting you with clubs that have the correct total weight and swing weight (MOI) you will develop a more repeatable swing.
- The correct set makeup will allow you to have even gaps in distance between clubs, making it easier to hit greens.
1. We will start with a brief interview to determine your goals and preferences.
2. You are measured for club length and grip size.
3. Your swing is analysed using the Skytrak Launch Monitor and video camera. We then use Tom Wishon’s “Shaft to Swing” shaft-fitting software to determine the correct shaft.
Attention is given to:
- Swing speed
- Wrist-cock release position
- Downswing transition
- Your physical strength.
4. You are now ready to be tested with various shaft/club-head combinations to determine which club specifications can optimize performance. The correct lie angle and length are confirmed for your irons and hybrids using impact labels. A club head is chosen to compliment your swing and preferences.
5. Set makeup is recommended. For example, should you have hybrids or fairway woods instead of 3, 4, 5 iron?